This website was made possible through in-kind contributions of the Center for Prevention, Outreach, and Professional Education at the Missouri Institute of Mental Health, University of Missouri—St. Louis, the DHHS/PSC/SAS/DAM purchase order (HHSP233200500771P), and grant number SM-52328 awarded to the MIMH Coordinating Center from the US Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Mental Health Services.
The SAMHSA/CMHS Cooperative Agreements to Evaluate Consumer-Operated Services project (1998-2004) were funded through seven research sites and a coordinating center:
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine (CMHS grant number SM-52372); Advocacy Unlimited; Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services; and the University of Connecticut;
- Peer Center, Inc. in Florida (CMHS grant number SM-52332), subcontracting with Florida Mental Health Institute and Florida International University; Henderson Mental Health Center in Fort Lauderdale; Mental Health Client Action Network (MHCAN) and Santa Cruz County Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services;
- The University of Chicago Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation in Illinois (CMHS grant number SM-52363), GROW of Illinois, Janet Wattles Mental Health Center and Provena Behavioral Health;
- Boston University, Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation (CMHS grant number SM-52352) COSP: St. Louis Empowerment Center, St. Louis MO Traditional Providers: Places for People and BJC Behavioral Healthcare, St. Louis, MO;
- The Edmund S. Muskie School of Public Service, University of Southern Maine (CMHS grant number SM-52362); the Portland Coalition for the Psychiatrically Labeled in Maine; Catholic Charities Maine Support, Recovery Services, and Shalom House Inc.;
- Friends Connection of the Mental Health Association in Southeastern
Pennsylvania (CMHS grant number SM-52355); Philadelphia Office of Mental Health; and the University of Pennsylvania Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research in Pennsylvania;
- BRIDGES (Tennessee Mental Health Consumers’ Association), Michigan State University Department of Psychology (CMHS grant number SM–52367), Vanderbilt University Department of Psychiatry.
Coordinating Center: University of Missouri School of Medicine Institute of Mental Health (CMHS grant number SM-52328), Northrup Grumann Information Technologies, American University, University of Massachusetts School of Medicine. Federal Representatives: CMHS, SAMHSA. Contents of this paper are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of DHHS, SAMHSA, CMHS, or the other collaborating partners.